Kabul Roads and Drainage System
The Development Objective of the Kabul Roads and Drainage System project was to contribute to the economic recovery of Kabul City through carrying out of improvements of the transport services on important roads within Kabul City including the rehabilitation of high priority road sections, as well as the repair of drainage systems along the said roads
The project management and implementationof Kabul Roads and Drainage system was sole sourced to Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW), who managed the first phase with their own funding. KfW hired Gauff consultants to implement the project (the consultancy fee of Gauff was financed by KfW).The project had two components: road repair (pothole and pavement repair) and drainage works.
- 30 percent of potholes repair and 70 percent of overlay;
- 42.5 kilometers of road repaired on an emergency basis and 8.9 kilometers rehabilitated;
- 69 Lane Km of road repaired;
- 17.57 tones Asphalt mix laid as emergency repair for potholes & pitching;
- 20.521 tons of Asphalt mix used for surface course as overlay
- 3,660m of newly drainage ditches constructed and 4,850m reconstructed;
- A total of 56,840 man-days of labors were created under this project.